(NAPSI)- Getting the right on-the-go gear is an easy and affordable way to avoid the stress of traveling and can keep everyone entertained. Here are some helpful tips to make your vacation more enjoyable:
• Bring a survival kit–Travel plans don’t always go smoothly, so ensure you can keep everyone in good spirits in the unlikely event of a breakdown or airport delay. Essentials such as snacks, sunscreen, bottled water, first-aid supplies and a flashlight can help you weather the unexpected. The little extras–coloring books and crayons, a favorite pillow or blanket, DVDs to watch en route and a Kindle loaded with your favorite books (available nationwide at Target)–will keep everyone comfortable and occupied.
• Watch the road–Having maps handy will take the hassle out of any road trip–or even the quick drive across town. A GPS navigation system is a must-have to keep your travels headed in the right direction. Most GPS systems can guide you through unfamiliar areas; suggest an alternative route around rush hour traffic; find the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations; and perform an increasing array of infotainment functions. Printing out airport or roadside maps ahead of time lets you preplan your pit stops and make the most of every minute.
• Keep kids entertained–Keep boredom at bay by bringing along entertaining gadgets such as the RCA 10″ portable Blu-ray player ($299.99 at Target) or the new big-screen Nintendo DSi XL handheld that will keep kids of all ages amused for hours, on and off the road.
• Tune in or out–Take your iPhone or iPod Touch and you can use free apps such as Pandora Internet Radio and Shazam to turn your trip into a musical adventure. Just make sure you don’t forget an iPhone/iPod car stereo adapter-they’re available for almost any car, whether you have an auxiliary input, AM/FM adapter or a tape deck connection. Also, bring along some headphones for those family members who prefer to travel to the beat of their own iPod.
• Capture the moment–Don’t miss a moment of the fun–capture it on video so you can share and remember your trip for years to come. With the Flip MinoHD Camcorder, it’s easy to film your own videos and upload them directly to Facebook or to your computer. The Flip is a stylishly small, pocket-sized device and it’s available for $199.99.
Reduce stress before you hit the road by getting the gadgets, games and groceries you need to make the most of your travels.